Alpha game design

Well unfortunately I have run into a bit of a problem with the development of my game. As I went to continue working on my game today, I realised that I had a "compiler error". Well let me tell you something, I freaked out! I tried to resolve the problem by removing some things of my game but it did not help. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do here and will have to seek advise when i attend a lab or lecture.

However I had the majority of my game done, and just needed to add in my Monster, a house, and the keys I needed to collect. I can hopefully get my issue resolved during the week and finish off my game by next week for good. Putting that problem aside, I am really enjoying using Unity lately. I am getting to grasp with it and using a lot of video and written tutorials to help me out. For example, I used tutorials to figure out how to make the flames from the crashed plane and to also figure out how to give the first person view a flashlight effect. I am happy with how far I have come from the last few weeks and hopefully I can find a way to improve on my game before the end of the semester.
Airplane and flames

First person POV with flashlight

My error
View of map

Comments

  1. Hey Corby, I think your game development is really great very cool design! I ran into the problem aswell and I tried to do same thing as you by removing things but still it did not work. I hope you can fix your error, it looks very confusing. The animation of plane crashing with flames will look very unique. I really like your first person character with the flashlight, very creative! I think if u add first person hands holding the flashlight would be more awesome! The view of the map looks very good, will be very hard to find the keys with all that forest. Would love to see how your game will turn out! Good luck with your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had this exact same issue, and I didn't know how to fix it before. I had tons of issues with the C Sharp code before, and I know how hard it can be to work with sometimes. Although it's great that you are happy with your progress so far. It looks like you're doing quite good. The implementation of the map looks great and I really love the textures and assets you have used. It looks like the development is going very well. The atmosphere looks really good and the implementation of the flashlight to use in the dark adds more of a "creepy" feel, but I'm not sure if that was actually what you were going for. Anyways, I looked back on your blog and I actually really like your game idea, so it's really cool to see it being made into a real game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Corby!
    I had the exact same problem with my game and I think a lot of people have been having this problem as well! Unity can be very frustrating at times! From the pictures of your game it looks like its going really well! Look really professional! Can not wait to see your finished game!! Good luck with your game!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Corby
    What you've done with your terrain looks really good! Adding the textures to the terrain has really added to it, you have a flashlight and what not so Im assuming it slender man inspired unless I'm wrong! But other than that I can understand you when something doesn't work coding wise, If there was only a unity validator !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future mess after Mystery Tour