Unity Free Tutorials 2

Hey guys and girls, hope everyone is doing great.

Today, I looked at another two blogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYKSLCYKbLI&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-UL3T2MUfo&t=7s

In the first tutorial I looked at, I learned how to make the pages for my horror game. I was surprised about how easy it was, as it is just a cube that is flattened. Thankfully, in this tutorial, I was also shown the script that I need to type into my game to make my character able to collect the pages. The tutorial was short but gave very good information on what I needed to do. I enjoyed the tutorial, the fact that it is so short and to the point means it does not feel like a daunting task following it step by step.


In the second tutorial, which is also the last of the series, we learned how to create one of the most important parts of the game, Slenderman. Of course though I will be hoping to create my own version of the Slenderman. We were also shown how to add sounds when getting closer to a certain area, which will come in handy for when the player is near a page or even the monster. The actual tutorial on how to create Slenderman is okay, although I got quite confused about how to go about making my own monster.

All in all, I think that both tutorials were very well done, informative and short. I feel like they could have been a lot longer for beginners like myself but I eventually was able to follow them okay.

I hope everyone is getting on well with their games. Only two weeks left until we can relax guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future mess after Mystery Tour

Alpha game design